February 11th, 2023
1 Kings 8:41-43
Today, on February 11th, 2023 I was practicing Noahide prayers for the 7th Day and after I was finished, a Noahide friend of mine sent me an amazing verse reference to my phone. After I read it, I immediately felt the need to share it in hopes that it will bring healing and encouragement to all reading this. The verse reference greatly motivated me to draw closer to HaShem blessed be He. In Vietnamese, we call HaShem "Đức Chúa Trời (Đấng Tạo Hóa)" Which as I understand it, translates to "God The Creator".
The Verse that my Friend Sent to Me was 1 Kings 8:41-43.
1 Kings 8:41-43 (Parenthesis added by me)
(41) "Also, a gentile (a non-Jewish/non-Israelite person) who is not of Your people Israel, but will come from a distant land, for Your Name's sake -
(42) For they will hear of Your great Name and Your strong hand and Your outstretched arm - and will come and pray toward this Temple -
(43) May You hear from Heaven, the foundation of Your abode, and act according to all that the gentile (a non-Jewish/non-Israelite person) calls out to You, so that all the peoples of the world may know Your Name, to fear You as does Your people Israel, and to know that Your Name is proclaimed upon this Temple that I have built."
1 Các Vua 8:41-43
(41) Ngoài ra, khi có người ngoại quốc nào, là người không thuộc về dân Y-sơ-ra-ên Ngài, từ một xứ xa đến vì nghe uy danh Ngài—
(42) vì người ta sẽ nghe đại danh của Ngài, cánh tay quyền năng của Ngài, và cánh tay Ngài đã giang ra—khi có một người ngoại quốc đến, hướng về ngôi đền này mà cầu nguyện,
(43) thì từ chốn thiên đàng, nơi ngự của Ngài, xin Ngài dủ nghe, và nhậm mọi lời cầu nguyện người ngoại quốc đó đã cầu xin với Ngài, hầu cho mọi dân trên đất sẽ biết đến danh Ngài và kính sợ Ngài, giống như dân Y-sơ-ra-ên Ngài đã làm vậy, và thiên hạ sẽ biết rằng danh của Ngài được kêu cầu nơi đền này, là đền mà con đã xây.
When I read these verses, the one that really stuck out to me was verse 43:
(43) "May You hear from Heaven, the foundation of Your abode..."
This really got me thinking on a deeper spiritual level regarding the phrase: "...the foundation of Your abode." What does this mean? Then, I remembered what I learned regarding the Infinite Light of the Creator blessed be He. That all that which exists only does so because of the intangible, Infinite Light of HaShem The Creator (Đức Chúa Trời/Đấng Tạo Hóa). Nothing can exist without His Light. That is, the foundation of all that which exists is HaShem's Infinte Light. I realized that this concept was also found in the verse reference mentioned above (1 Kings 8:43).
I started making this connection of HaShem's Infinite Light with this entire paragraph (1 Kings 8:41-43) and my mind was suddenly blown... I realized today that the concept of non-Jews calling out to HaShem (Đức Chúa Trời/Đấng Tạo Hóa) while having in mind The Infinite Light ("the Foundation of HaShem's abode") is something that is applicable to ALL cultures of the world and not just Israel. In other words, what unites us all as humanity according to the Torah perspective is that we all become ONE in consciousness with HaShem's Infinite Light (The Root of all existence). Regardless of whether or not a person is Israelte/Jewish or Gentile, I believe our mission is to elevate our consciousness to the "foundation of HaShem's abode". Meaning, we must become aware of His absolute ONE-ness. That in His ONE-ness, there cannot be any division. There can be no concept of Him being 2 in 1, 3 in 1, etc... That He ALONE is ONE and ONLY ONE. There cannot be any intermediary or anything nor anyone that stands between HaShem (Đức Chúa Trời/Đấng Tạo Hóa) and His creation.
When reading 1 Kings 8:41-43, I found it very beautiful in that it stresses the importance of calling out to HaShem's Name regardless of one's genetics. Verse 43 is absolutely beautiful in my opinion. Especially this section:
(43) "...so that all the peoples of the world may know Your Name, to fear You as does Your people Israel..."
Notice the verse says, "ALL the peoples of the world..." and also, it says "...as does Your people Israel."
In my opinion, this is beautiful! ALL cultures AND Israel are to work together side by side being united in the absolute ONE-ness of HaSHem's Name ("The Foundation of His abode"/The Infinite Light).
Thus, the revelation of HaShem's Infinite Light MUST be taught to the world in order for this unification to fully be fulfilled as the Tanakh teaches. I believe that the "Family" of Hashem (both FAITHFUL Gentiles and FAITHFUL Israel) MUST return to this revelation in order for World Tikkun (World Repair) to be fully fulfilled in its proper spiritual context.
May this day come quickly and in our time!
I want to thank all the Rabbis at Noahide Academy for reaching out to Gentiles such as myself and caring enough about us to share the wonderful teachings of HaShem's ONE-ness to us. From my personal experience and in my personal opinion, only HaShem's ONE-ness and His Torah can bring healing to souls. B"H! Furthermore, I want to thank all my family, my true friends, and also all the Noahide influencers in my spiritual life for inspiring me to write this post. Much love and peace to all reading this.
By Daniel Ben Noach (Duy Anh Lam)
Daniel Strong is a new blog writer for the Noahide Academy website. His Vietnamese name is Duy Anh Lam. He was born in Saigon Vietnam in 1987, then came to the United States around 1991. He was adopted in October 1994 and was raised in a W.A.S.P (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant Christian) cultured family and is now a Noahide.
More from Daniel Ben Noach (Duy Anh Lam)
© Copyright, all rights reserved. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further.
NoahideAcademy.org's copyright policy.